Aug 31 2019
Hardworking and passionate is an understatement to describe the young lad that we will be featuring in this week’s Look Who’s Talking segment. He is a meek and quiet individual with ingenious web developing skills. Get to know more about Mark Altiche from OOm’s AI and Tech Team!
Describe Your Role At OOm.
I’m a Web Application Developer. This role is responsible for the coding, designing, and lay-outing of a website according to a company’s specifications. The role takes into consideration user experience and function in which a certain level of both graphic design and computer programming is necessary. Once a website has been created, a Web Application Developer will generally assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the website.
How Do You Handle Stressful Situations At Work?
Being a programmer is not as easy as everyone knows, but if you really enjoy your work even though the task is too hard, you can probably handle it comfortably.
What Achievement At Work Are You Most Proud Of To Share?
During the first three months of working in OOm, I never expected to become one of the top performers in the Development & Creative Team.
What Are The Goals That You Want To Achieve In Your Current Job?
In the field of Web development, I want to create more projects to excel in my knowledge and learn a lot to my mistakes and also being a productive employee and a respectful person.
What Was The Biggest Challenge That You Encountered In Work, And How Did You Overcome It?
I was challenged during the time that they give me a project that I don’t even know if I can handle. I had to learn all of the workflows fast and fortunately, I did it. It was all thanks to my senior web developer who patiently guided me throughout the project.
What Are Your Hobbies Or Interests That You Like To Do The Most During Your Free Time?
Playing musical instruments like guitar, drums and trumpet. Also, playing mobile games, pc games and basketball.
Can You Tell Us About The Person Whom You Most Look Up To?
My senior developer on my past training. He is so cool because he can effortlessly execute clean coding techniques, and he can expertly design a database structure and workflow. I want to be like him someday.
What Are Your Talents Or Skills That Most People Do Not Know About?
I can sing but I don’t even know if it is good or not. I can play guitar, trumpets, and dance. But I’m not as good as you’d expect.
What Are Your Aspirations And Goals That You Want To Achieve When You Reach Your 30’s?
I want to enhance my professional skills in order to advance professionally in my organization and become an expert in the IT field. I would also like to gain more autonomy at work, better balance my home and work life, network more on a professional level, become more motivated in completing my job, and educate myself more.
What Do You Love Most About OOm?
- I love the people I work.
- I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still support my actions.
- Our opinions are valued and heard. We are also allowed to speak our mind without fear.
- I love the variety. Every day is different and I get to interact with different people. It provides me with the opportunity to continuously learn a lot of new things every day.
- I love how my job challenges me every day in different ways.
- The people at this company are a pleasure to work with and this makes it enjoyable to come to work.
- We all work hard and are recognized for doing so.
- My co-workers and management team are sociable, knowledgeable and caring.
- I have the freedom to think outside the box and all of my opinions are considered.
- I am allowed to grow and show my potential.
- I am able to use my skills and knowledge, as well as push myself in areas that I am unsure of.