With over 2.91 billion monthly active users and counting, Facebook remains the most popular marketing platform businesses use to market their products and services.
However, you should know too well that apart from the quality of text content, you also have to pay attention to the formatting of the image attached to your post. Doing so should make your Facebook marketing campaign more captivating and engaging to your target audience.
When we talk about the formatting of your Facebook marketing images, you can think of it as making sure they are visually appealing, load quickly, and fit perfectly to the ratio required by Facebook.
To guarantee that, you have to keep yourself updated since Facebook often updates the image dimensions required for their Facebook marketing campaigns.
Here, we listed and organised all the necessary information that you need to know about Facebook image sizes.
8 Facebook Images & Their Sizes
1. Business Page Profile Picture
A few months ago, Facebook changed the format of the Business Page Profile Picture. Now, you can find it on the upper left side of your screen, which makes it stand out among personal account users.
Here is an example of how our Facebook’s Business Page Profile Picture looks like:
Despite the change of format of the Business Page Profile Picture, its image dimension remains the same. It will get cropped to fit a square with 180 x 180 pixels. And on a smartphone view, it becomes 128 x 128 pixels.
Meanwhile, the thumbnail of your Business Page Profile Picture will appear at 32 x 32 pixels throughout Facebook.
2. Cover Photo.
It is a Facebook marketing image that only appears when your customers go to the Facebook timeline of your business.
Here, you have more freedom to be as creative as possible since its minimum size is 820 x 312 pixels. Besides adding your logo, you could also use this space for your business’s tagline. Doing so should be able to help you showcase who and what your niche is.
In our case, we added two logos to let our customers know that we are in partnership with Google and Facebook. With this, we would be able to convince our customers even more.
Here are other guidelines for Facebook cover photos that you should keep in mind.
- The image display is 820 x 312 pixels, and less than that will get stretched.
- On smartphones, the image display for this would become 640 x 360 pixels.
- For image alone, upload an RGB of JPG file less than 100 KB.
- And for a cover photo with logo and text, the ideal format is PNG.
3. Post And Timeline Photos
The most common sharing form on Facebook is a shared image. Besides your time, the photo/s attached to a Facebook marketing campaign will also appear in your followers’ news feeds.
And when your customers find your Facebook marketing campaign appealing and decide to share it with others, more of your followers would see it on their news feeds. Here is an example of what it looks like on the Facebook user’s timeline:
Listed below are the image guidelines for this Facebook image:
- Recommended size is 1,200 x 628 pixels.
- The minimum dimension for a square photo in the news feed is 154 x 154pixels.
- The minimum dimension for a square photo on the page is 116 x 116 pixels.
- The minimum dimension for a rectangular photo in the feed is 470 x 246 pixels.
- The minimum dimension for a rectangular photo on the page is 484 x 252 pixels.
Keep in mind that for shared images, Facebook will scale images under the minimum dimensions. That is why for better results, you should consider increasing image resolution at the same scale as the minimum required size.
4. Event Cover Photo
Meanwhile, if you have an upcoming event, you can promote them by posting an event image. Doing so should help you capture the attention of your customers and make noise on Facebook.
To guarantee that, the dimensions you need to keep in mind is that a Facebook image should have 1920 x 1080 pixels, and its aspect ratio is 16:9.
5. Fundraiser image
On the other hand, if you want to run a fundraiser for a good cause, Facebook is a perfect place. With a growing number of users, your fundraising campaign would reach a lot of people. Just make sure the fundraiser image is at 400 x 150 pixels.
6. Panorama or 360 Photos
To make your Facebook marketing campaign more engaging, consider promoting your products or services via a panorama or 360 Photo. In doing so, your customers would get your message right away as they feel through the panorama image.
According to Facebook, the pixels should be between 30,000 and 135,000,000 pixels in total size. In ratio, that would be 2:1.
Another way to make your Facebook marketing campaign engaging is to share it via Facebook stories. You should know that many people use this feature to share the everyday happenings in their lives, which makes it perfect to showcase a glimpse of your products or services.
When using Facebook stories, the images should have 1080 x 1920 pixels with an aspect ratio between 9:16 and 1.91:1. Anything less than that would make them unappealing as they are less visible.
Since the formatting of Facebook ads can be more complex than organic Facebook marketing campaign posts, we listed down the points that you need to know. There, you would see the recommended size to minimum requirements and their respective aspect ratio.
- Images Sizes For Facebook Feed Ads: For images with a link on desktop 479 x 246 pixels and mobile 479 x 320 pixels. The recommended size is 1080 x 1350 pixels. The maximum file size is 30 MB, and the aspect ratio is 1:91:1 to 1:1.
- Images Sizes For Facebook Right Column Ads: Recommended size 1200 x 1200 pixels. Minimum size 254 x133 pixels. The aspect ratio is 1:1.
- Images Sizes For Instant Articles: Recommended size is 1200 x 1200 pixels. The aspect ratio is 1:91:1 to 1:1.
- Images Sizes For Marketplace Ads: Recommended size 1200 x 1200 pixels, and the aspect ratio is 1:1.
- Images Sizes For Search: Recommended size 1080 x 1080 pixels and the minimum size 600 x 600 pixels. The aspect ratio is 1:91:1 to 1:1.
- Images Sizes For Sponsored message: Recommended size 1080 x 1080 pixels and the aspect ratio is 1:91:1 to 1:1.
- Images Sizes For Message Inbox Ads: Recommended size 1080 x 1080 pixels and minimum size 254 x 133 pixels. The aspect ratio is 1:1.
- Images Sizes For Messenger Stories Ads: Recommended size 1080 x 1920 pixels and minimum width size is 500 pixels. The aspect ratio is between 9:16 and 1.91:1.
When the images of your Facebook marketing campaign have the right fit, your target audience will be able to see them clearly without needing to click on them to view the entire picture. That is why you should consider bookmarking this Facebook marketing image sizes guide for 2021 to have smooth sailing campaigns.
If you need further help with your Facebook marketing strategies, why not partner with a Facebook Marketing agency?
OOm has a team of social media marketing professionals who have expertise in Facebooking marketing image sizes. Contact us at 6391-0930!